Premier Doug Ford, joined by Greg Rickford, Minister of Indigenous Affairs, and Indigenous leaders make an announcement regarding Indian Residential School burial sites. Listen to their commitment here
Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Afternoon session: 3 – 5 p.m.
- Evening session: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
· Grand Council Chief Reg Niganobe
· Anishinabek Citizenship Commission Jeanette Corbiere-Lavell
· Emcee Bob Goulais
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
* Registration is reserved, exclusively to:
- Citizens of the 39 Anishinabek Nation-affiliated First Nations.
- Citizens of those First Nations who have successfully ratified and are implementing Anishinaabe Governance.
- Chiefs and Councillors.
Space is limited. So please register today!
DOOR PRIZE DRAW – Register by June 24, 2021 to be eligible for door prize draws. You must be present to win.
The Anishinabek Nation and Canada signed the Agreement-in-Principle on Anishinabek Child, Youth, and Family Well-Being.
Magnetawan is one of the 22 participating First Nations! Read the full news release below:
Update on RHT Annuities Litigation. Ontario has appealed Justice Hennessy’s stage 2 decision.
Read the Robinson Huron newsletter here:
We are happy to report that your First Nation is now among seven Anishinabek First Nations that have successfully ratified the ANGA to date.
The ultimate goal of the ANGA is to have ratifying First Nations with effective laws in regard
a) leadership selection; b) citizenship; c) culture and language; d) management and operations of First Nation Government, and an operating second level of support by way of the collective body.ANGA