FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

About Us

Our History - Our Heritage

The Magnetawan First Nation is within the boundaries of the territory described by the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850, as signed by Chief Pamiquonaishkung. The First Nation was first surveyed in 1853 and confirmed by Order-in-Council in January of 1853. In 1907, an additional tract of land in the Township of Wallbridge was added to the reserve to compensate for an error made in the 1853 survey. Our Land Base is now 4714.7 Hectares. Our proud heritage of languages includes our Mother tongue of First Nation Ojibway with English also commonly spoken.

Our Leadership

  • William Diabo
  • Samantha Noganosh
  • Rose Cardinal

Our Population

  • On Reserve: 120 Residents (2021)
  • 285 Registered Citizens

Our Facilities

  • Health Center
  • Band Offices
  • Esso & Tim Hortons
  • Magnetawan First Nation Store & Gas Bar
  • Van Transportation to Parry Sound
  • School Busing to Parry Sound and Britt
  • Telephone – Bell Canada
  • Television – Satellite Service
  • 911 Services - OPP
  • Radio – Parry Sound/Sudbury
  • Newspapers – Purchased at Namme Gnediwan Gas Station & Convenience Store (Toronto & Parry Sound Papers)
  • Water – First Nation Water and Waste Treatment Plant
  • Other Waste – Waste Disposal Site
  • Energy/Electricity – Ontario Hydro
  • None on First Nation
  • Elementary – Britt Elementary School
  • Secondary – Parry Sound High School
TOP