Public Notice – Canadian Navigable Waters Act
Magnetawan First Nation hereby gives notice that an application has been made to the Minister of Transport, pursuant to the Canadian Navigable Waters Act for approval of the work described herein and its site and plans.
Pursuant to paragraph 7(2) of the said Act, Magnetawan First Nation has deposited with the Minister of Transport, on the online Common Project Search Registry (http://cps.canada.ca/) under the NPP File Number 2022-408256 a description of the following work, its site, and plans:
* The construction of a water intake structure and associated piping within Magnetawan River.
* The intake is to be placed approximately 70 m from the shore at a depth of approximately 8m beneath the approximate design low water level (i.e., 175.00 masl).
* The intake will be contained within a cylindrical screen to prevent fish impingement and will be withdrawing water for community purposes (potable water and fire protection).
* The intake will be located at approximately; 45°46’22.55″N 80°30’9.69″W.
* The intake pipe will be sunk to the northwest off the shore where it will then be installed via trenching and excavation in front of Magnetawan First Nation in the Parry Sound District.
Comments regarding the effect of this work on marine navigation can be sent through the Common Project Search site mentioned above under the Comment section (search by the above referenced number) or if you do not have access to the internet, by sending your comments directly to:
Navigation Protection Program – Transport Canada
100 S Front St, 1st Floor Sarnia ON N7T 2M4
Transport Canada (TC) will not make your comments on a project available to the public on the online public registry. However, any information related to a work is considered as unclassified public record and could be accessible upon legal request. As such, the information and records provided should not contain confidential or sensitive information. If you want to provide confidential or sensitive information that you think should not be made public, please contact TC before submitting it.
However, comments will be considered only if they are in writing (electronic means preferable) and are received not later than 30 days after the publication of the last notice. Although all comments conforming to the above will be considered, no individual response will be sent.
Posted at Magnetawan First Nation website this 20th day of April 2023.
Carol Wheatley, Band Manager, Magnetawan First Nation