|Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations|
POSITION: BOOK KEEPER
Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the accounting system for the organization ensuring Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial practices are followed in day-to-day functions; preparing cash flows, budget forecasts, reconciliations, financial reporting to funding sources, and financial analysis reports for the Executive Director and coordinating and managing the financial auditing process.
CLASSIFICATION: Permanent Part-time
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience responsible for working in a finance department / and or bookkeeping
- Demonstrated ability to run and operate an electronic financial database software such as Sage 50
- Knowledge of financial regulations required in a public sector organization
- Enter invoices and manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reconcile banks and other accounts, post month end entries.
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations and communities
- Monitor and ensure reconciliations, payments, remittances and other reports are submitted as required
Vision & Cultural Sensitivity
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding of WBAFN’s member First Nations & operational structure.
- Must provide effective, efficient and culturally sensitive services and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
Technical Knowledge and Other Requirements
- Computer software knowledge (Microsoft Office suite) required
- Current valid Ontario Driver’s License, access to reliable vehicle, ability to travel throughout region on occasion
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must be bondable; provide a Criminal/Police Records and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present reports
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve and exercise good judgment
- Must demonstrate high level professional ethics including maintenance of confidentiality
Remuneration: Will be based on education and work experience
LOCATION: 368 Pickerel River Road, Pickerel ON, P0G 1J0
POSTING DATE: November 19th, 2021
CLOSING DATE: December 3rd, 2021 12:00 pm est
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and three employment references by email to:
Theresa Teddy, Executive Director
Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations
368 Pickerel River Road
Pickerel, ON, P0G 1J0
Telephone: (705) 918-2710
Individuals of First Nation ancestry are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations member First Nations’ applicants.
For a detailed job description, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org